Pack Size – 20Kgs
Recommended Months of Application – Throughout Spring and Summer (Feb,March, April, May, June, July, August)
Application rate – 80g sq. m. (this will cover 250sq m)
This popular easy to use product is very effective in giving your lawn that Spring boost. Consisting of Ammonium Sulphate, Iron Sulphate and sand, it is not to be confused with sand for ‘top dressing the lawn’, which has no chemical content. Lawn Sand will help kill existing moss on a lawn and many different types of weeds, while at the same time helping to green up your grass. However, it will not cure a moss problem, which will require alternative stronger treatments.The lawn sand is also ideal to improve boggy and clay based soils. Another benefit of lawn sand is that it is safe to use and easy to apply. Lawn sand can be applied to lawns and amenity areas for the majority of the year, providing there is no frost or drought.
- Lawn Sand is a popular easy to use product and it is very effective in giving your lawn that extra boost
- Lawn sand consists of Ammonium Sulphate, Iron Sulphate and sand, it is not to be confused with sand for ‘top dressing the lawn’, which has no chemical content.
- Lawn Sand is an excellent Lawn tonic and will help kill existing moss on a lawn and suppress weeds, while at the same time helping to green up your grass
- The lawn sand is also ideal to improve boggy and clay based soils.
- Application rate: 80g sq. m – this will cover 250 sq m apply ever 4-6 weeks
Thomas Elliott Lawn Sand & Moss Killer 4-0-0+3Fe
A granular formulation containing 14.1% w/w iron sulphate heptahydrate (Equivalent to 7.7% w/w iron sulphate anhydrous), for the control of moss on lawns.
20kg treats 250m2
MAPP No 17045 PCS No 05415
Instructions for Use
When to use
Thomas Elliott Lawn sand and moss killer can be used when moss is actively growing. Do not apply during drought or freezing conditions. To avoid drift of granules or dust onto plants, patios or ponds do not apply in windy weather.
Apply only to established turf. Grass should not be cut 3 days before treatment and not cut again until at least 4 days after treatment.
How to use
Application by hand
Mark out areas to be treated. Wearing gloves sprinkle evenly at 80 grams per square metre over the marked area.
Application by spreader
Mark out areas to be treated. Apply evenly at 80 grams per square metre over the marked are with suitably calibrated granular applicator.
The moss will blacken as it dies. Any discolouration of the turf is temporary.
Avoid walking on treated areas until it has rained or product has been watered in. If split on paving, concrete etc., brush off immediately to avoid discolouration. If no rain falls within 48 hours of treatment, irrigate treated area.
Dead moss can be removed by raking or scarify 7-14 days after treatment. Re-treatment may be necessary for heavy moss infestation, or if moss return. Do not apply more than 2 times in any one season. Allow 40 days between applications.
Moss Control techniques
The key to reducing moss is to have an effective all-year round management strategy incorporating the use of Elliotts Lawn Sand & Moss Killer
The following non-chemical techniques can be used to help reduce moss;
- Ensure the turf is healthy, weed, disease and pest free. This can be helped by fertilisation and regular maintenance.
- Soil aerating of the lawn to help encourage the free passage of water & nutrients through the soil.
- Raking/scarifying to remove dead mosses and removal of fallen leaf debris to prevent the build-up of fibrous material which encourages weed and moss growth.
Following this guidance and using Thomas Elliott Lawn Sand & Moss Killer will successfully reduce mossed in lawns.
Protection during/in use
WASH HANDS AND EXPOSED SKIN AFTER USE.
Swallowed seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.
DO NOT CONTAMINATE WATER with the product or its container. Do not empty into drains.
Storage and disposal
Store in cool, dry place.